Thursday, January 28, 2010

Met with Chemo Doc

I like the way he described my case. I had cancer, I had a lumpectomy, I no longer have cancer. The chemo and radiation treatments are preventative maintenance to ensure I don't have a repeat episode.

The bone scan and liver ultrasound both came back negative for cancer. I didn't know that's what they were looking for. I could have sword Dr Niaz had said the scans were to check wether I was healthy enough to handle the chemo drugs. I've found a lot of information is provided on a "need-to-know" basis only.

Good news! The chemo isn't going to be 1 week straight - 3 weeks off... It'll only be 1 day every 3 weeks. I'll be done that phase of treatment in 18 weeks - just over 4 months instead of 7-8.
My first treatment is next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment