Saturday, January 30, 2010

Embrace the Baldness

Yep, that's me in the jammies. Haven't got my hair cut yet. Still working on positive imagery so I don't find myself weeping in the salon chair.

Suppose I had the opportunity of a life time and all I had to do was cut my hair off... maybe it's a trip into space... maybe it's a stay at a monastery where all I had to do was paint... maybe it's a chance to hang out with Richard Gere and he has a thing for bald women (doubt that it's so, but if it were)... would I shave my head? Ya!

Well, this is an opportunity of a life time. An opportunity to prevent a recurrence of the cancer. I don't HAVE to shave my head. But the hair is going one way or another, so I would rather it go on my own terms.

Need to go pick out a scarf and pick up some self tanner. And remember to bring my camera. Should I invite Paul? He might make me cry.

Passage From an Email:
>> I So wish I could be there for you tomorrow....

Re: Yep, that's just what I need. You standing behind me laughing so hard that no sound comes out, point at my head and flailing. After a while you'd catch your breath and be able to gasp out, "Do you have any idea how stupid your head looks?!" followed by more laughter leading to "I HAVE TO PEE!!!!!"


Thats what best friends are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment